The Beginning of the End

Hey everyone (who does not know about this blog)! (SN: Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to post this to let people know that this exists but for now, I will keep to myself.)

I'm still trying to figure out the identity of this blog but for right now, I think I'm going to mainly talk about healthy lifestyle progress and my journey to taking the ANCC boards.

Took a selfie after my last clinical day! Two more semesters!
So, yes, to clarify, I'm currently in school to get my doctorate's become a nurse practitioner. I just finished my clinical a few days ago and it was in the electrophysiology lab which was interesting in itself. I knew that was a section of Cardiology but did not know that was a different section that could be consulted. So if anything, I learned about that whole field and how common atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter are.

Wrapping this semester up, I now begin my journey to study for the ANCC boards. Apparently, my school has a 100% pass rate for this so I'm sort of scared but I guess I'll be checking in most days to try and write out my feelings of anxiety or any fleeting thoughts that may pass my mind at this time. I've also logged off of facebook and instagram to prevent distractions and to focus on my own life instead of lurking through the lives of others. One of the main life lessons I've learned is that: Comparison is the thief of joy and social media has allowed us to sink into the period bouts of depression and self-hatred as we believe that the highlights of other people's lives posted on these sites are what they are experiencing 100%. I've done a "social media fast" before in the past and not only was I able to focus on myself and my goals but also I was quick to discover how happier I was mentally and emotionally. But that's another topic for a different blog entry. But yes, feel free to follow me on my journey to hopefully pass my boards and finish up my doctorate's as I embark on a new career. Cheers! Keep trekking!

I haven't told anyone when I'm taking boards but this is what my schedule looks like for the next two months.

Comments